Thursday, May 8, 2014

Early Access should be mentioned somewhere in this title... SERIOUSLY #4: Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

You've probably heard of Serious Sam. I mean, who hasn't? Certainly not me 2 and a half years ago, that's for sure.

Anyway, if you haven't heard of Serious Sam, he's a fucking badass. He loves himself so much he wears his name on the back of his shirt.





Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (Kinda a long looking title) is Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter rolled into one. SSC: TFE and SSC: TSE were then remade into Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter.

This is where it begins. Except not really because Serious Sam 3 is actually the prequel. MIND BLOWN?


So what's new? Graphics. Obviously. That's what happens when these things get remade. There's also the option to use the Steam Workshop on this game. Something only the Second Encounter's HD remake had.

The trees are always greener on the other side.
The sky looks more enhanced than a stripper's breasts.


I don't really see the point of this game. I love this series, but I think they would have been better with a new game instead of a rehash of a rehash. I mean, who are they? Square Enix with Final Fantasy IV ports? Custom maps have been added to the menu, but I can't notice much else that has changed (though admittedly, it's been a while since I beat these games.)

Angry much?

Love the sun's effect in this pix.


As far as Early Access games, though, this one is at least decently priced. And whilst I was met with a few "coming soon" screens, for the most part the game seemed more put together than a lot of other Early Access titles. I suppose that's what happens when the game has already been made twice before.



2 comments:

  1. "The sky looks more enhanced than a stripper's breasts."

    Hey! Have you been going to strip clubs without me!?


    (great review babe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I watch movies! I talk to people!

      (thanks. I can't wait to go to a strip club with you babes. xx)

      Delete